Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Big Yes from the Canadian Merchant Navy Veterans Association!

Dear Michael,

With reference to your request re possible name change involving the Canadian Navy, we veterans of the Canadian Merchant Navy still remember with affection and gratitude the assistance that members of THE R,C.N.and R.C,N. V. R. provided our ships during convoy runs those many years ago.

All that to support the position taken by the members of the N.C.V.A. that the Name ROYAL CANADIAN NAVY be reintroduced, and this centennial year would be an appropriate time.

Sincerely Bruce Ferguson,
National President,
C,M.N.V.A.inc.

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am so delighted I found your site, I really
    found you by mіstaκe, ωhile I was searching on Yahοo fοr something еlse, Nonethelesѕ I am
    here now and would just like to say kudоѕ fоr
    a remаrκable poѕt and a аll round еnjoyable
    blog (Ӏ alѕo love the thеme/design), I ԁon’t have time to look оvеr іt all at the moment but I have saνеd it and
    also added your RSS feeԁs, so when I hаve timе I will be back to read a
    lot moгe, Please do keep up the awesome ϳo.

    Here is my blog :: the hcg diet

    ReplyDelete

The Petition moves along...

May 1: Laurie Hawn, M.P. agrees to support petition
April 30: Sent draft petition to The Dominion Institute to seek their sponsorship
April 28: Sent draft petition to Captain(N) Pickingford, Project Manager, Canadian Navy Centennial Project
April 27: Sent petition to Blaine Barker of the Royal Canadian Naval Association and Bob Nixon of the Naval Officer's Association of Canada and Peter Dawe, Executive Director of the RMC Club
April 26: The Monarchist League of Canada members are supportive
April 25: Interesting - even heated - debate over at the Navy, Army, Air Force Forum, where the "Yeas" have it by a two-thirds majority.